Water Tower
Water Tower

press to zoom
Crystal Falls Golf
Crystal Falls Golf

press to zoom
Bledsoe Park Synthetic Turf Fields
Bledsoe Park Synthetic Turf Fields

press to zoom
Water Tower
Water Tower

press to zoom
1/6

Leander was established in 1882 on land sold by the Austin and Northwestern Railroad Co. to prospective citizens.  The town was named in honor of Leander "Catfish" Brown, one of the railroad officials responsible for the completion of the line.  In 1836, a company of Texas Rangers established Tumlinson Fort, the first post in Williamson County.

It was near Leander that the Leanderthal Lady, a skeleton dating back 10,000 to 13,000 years, was discovered.  The site is one of the earliest intact burials found in the United States.

Leander lies on the northeast edge of Texas’s Hill Country, roughly ten miles due west of Interstate 35 on US 183, just north of Austin TX.  Affordability and quality schools have been the historical drivers for the community’s growth.  Single-family residential homes run the gamut from first-time to executive styled living.  

--Information courtesy of Wikipedia and https://www.leandertx.gov/